Wanaka and Lake Dunstan Bike and Shuttle Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions, we hope this helps!
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your ride there is no refund. Cancellations outside of 1 week are a full refund.
- Trips can be canceled by us on the day due to operational reasons, rain or cold weather and you will get a full refund
How do I book?
- Online is the safest way as we need your credit card number as well as your contact details, and heights
- All trade bookings are done via invoice
- Agent and ITO bookings can be done via Rezdy or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How hard is the ride Hawea or Albert Town trips?
- Its grade 1-2 trail, 1.5-meter wide gravel path
- Hawea is higher than Wanaka and you do follow a river downstream but its still an undulating ride
- the Lake Dunstan ride is harder and slightly more technical and is grade 3
How long will it take?
- Round the pick-up time up 1 hour by the time you are biking eg the 9am trip, you’ll be biking by 10am.
- It takes 2 hours to walk 15kms and it seems to take our bikes that length of time because you are taking your time and stopping along the way.
- The trail never ends so you can actually go further before returning back to finish.
How long have we got the bikes for?
Bikes must be returned by 5pm. Bikes that are late will be charged $25 for every half-hour late.
What bikes do we use?
- Latest-model front suspension bikes.
- Hard Tail E-Bike
- XS, S, M, L, XL
Do you have female Bikes?
No our standard bikes are unisex bikes, however, we do have some amazing new step-through bikes from kiwi e-bike brand sinch.
What time should we be there?
- 15 minutes before your departure time.
- Please remember to park in all-day parking before waiting for us.
How far is Hawea? 30km
Albert Town? 15km
It’s actually shorter if people only finish in town and not extend their riding by riding to waterfall creek and back.
I am a good biker what can you offer me?
- Our Wanaka Single Track trip gives you the luxury of a full-suspension ebike.
- Trips start from Hawea still and then you divert off to ride Deans Bank and then more single track enroute back to Wanaka.
- We do not have regular full suspension bikes available (only ebike).
- Or join us on a guided ebike tour.
What if I have my own car?
You still need your car for when you finish so you can not drive to Hawea
What’s an ebike?|
Our ebikes are the latest model bikes.
They are pedal-assist bikes so you still need to pedal
There is no throttle.
What if I have my own bike?
$45 for transport between Wanaka and Hawea and $50 for Lake Dunstan shuttles between Clyde and Cromwell, we can send you a pay now credit card link or you can bring cash for driver.
Can you pick us up from our accommodation?
You still need to leave your bike at our finish point so your best to meet us at the start so you have your car to then drive home in.
What do you provide?
We provide a shuttle service to the beginning of the trail, a thorough briefing, show you photos, provide maps and locks, latest model bike and a helmet.
Do you provide locks?
Do you provide carrier bags or baskets?
No! We recommend you bring a small backpack
What should I wear or bring?
- Comfortable / active / sporty type clothing.
- Most guys wear shorts.
- A windbreaker jacket and a spare layer just in case.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- 750ml water bottle fits into our bottle cages.
Where should I park?
In Wanaka for the Lake Hawea ride, park in the all-day parking which is along the lakefront. Do this and then walk 10 minutes to your meeting location.
In Cromwell, there is free parking at our meeting point by the Junction lookout
Can we call if we need to be picked up?
We trust you have picked the correct distance to begin with but our drivers always go over times and distances prior to any trips beginning to minimise problems. Because we are busy with other trips etc we can do a pick-up but there is a call-out charge of $100 total for the Albert Town area.
If there is a group or its Hawea or Luggate please charge $200.
Is it guided?
Our Bike & Shuttle trips are self-guided
Can I finish at the winery? Or where do I finish?
Feel free to visit Rippon Winery, or Maude but you will need to eventually return your bike to the start where we picked you up from.
Can I go to the lavender farm?
Not really, While it’s a great destination, this would involve biking along the road which we do not recommend.
Are we riding on the roads?
All your riding is off-road and on a purpose-built trail.
What are your minimum numbers to do a trip?
3 people normally
Do you just do bike hire?
We do. We have a range of bikes including ebikes at Edgewater Resort which you can hire. It’s nice because you can drive there and begin your ride away from the busyness of town.
Do you have kids attachments?
Yes, trailers and tagalongs and various types of bike seats Please make a note of this when you are, making your booking