Acknowledgement of Risk
We take your safety and comfort seriously. It is important that we match the right ride to your ability. Please take the time to complete this form.
UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS
I accept that this activity inherently involves risks and potential hazards. The risks and hazards include, but are not limited to: falling off the bike, hitting obstacles (such as trees, rocks or other riders) or being hit by other riders, exposure to cold, muscle fatigue and equipment failure.
I am aware that participating in the mountain biking and or hiking activities offered by Wanaka Bike Tours Limited can be hazardous if they are not conducted with care, control and responsibility. I acknowledge that these risks could result in my injury (physical or mental) or even death.
• I have informed the staff of Wanaka Bike Tours Limited (or will, prior to undertaking the activity) of any medical conditions, previous injuries and any medication I am currently taking which may affect my ability to undertake the activity of mountain biking and or hiking.
• I confirm I am physically fit and able to participate in the activities and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
• I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary by Wanaka Bike Tours Limited in the event of injury, accident or illness while undertaking the activities biking or hiking.
• I understand it is my responsibility to disclose any conditions (health or otherwise) that may affect the safety and enjoyment of myself and those around me. Conditions of participating in activity
• I agree to ride with care, and obey the rules set out by Wanaka Bike Tours Limited and instructions given by the guide (or a representative of Wanaka Bike Tours Limited), at all times.
• I accept that if I do not adhere to the instructions and rules, or if I act dangerously, recklessly or in a way that might endanger myself or others, Wanaka Bike Tours Limited may remove me from the activity. If this occurs, I acknowledge I will not receive a refund.
• I accept that Wanaka Bike Tours Limited reserves the right to cancel this activity if it becomes concerned for my safety, or the safety of another person.
• I agree to wear appropriate clothing and use/wear all safety clothing and equipment (as required by the guide) at all times when participating. Limited liability of Wanaka Bike Tours Limited
• I understand that if I act recklessly or intentionally, and don’t follow the rules or instructions set out by Wanaka Bike Tours Limited and the guide, which I have been made aware of, Wanaka Bike Tours Limited will not be held responsible for any injury, damage or loss I cause to myself/my property, or another person/their property, resulting from my action (or lack of action).
Liability of landowner
• I agree that the owner(s) of the land on which the activity is conducted will not be held responsible for any death, injury, misadventure, damage to or loss of property caused in whole or part by these activities.
Damage to property or equipment
• In the event that I damage any of the clothing or equipment, or other property owned by Wanaka Bike Tours Limited or a landowner, I agree to pay to Wanaka Bike Tours Limited (or the landowner) all costs associated with repairing the damage.
• I confirm I am not under the influence of intoxicating alcohol or drugs (be they legal or illegal) which may in any way impair my ability to undertake the activity. Marketing
• I give Wanaka Bike Tours Limited permission to send me emails and/or post relating to Wanaka Bike Tours Limited events and promotions, as well as the right to use all photos and videos of me taken during the activity for promotional and social media purposes.
I agree that by signing this ‘Understanding the Risks form’:
1. I accept there are inherent risks and hazards associated with participating in the activity and I understand what these risks are (including serious harm and death);
2. I am physically and mentally fit to participate and there is nothing I am aware of that will affect my ability to safely drive the vehicle, or impact the safety of other riders.
3. I wish to proceed with the activity at my own risk.
Please list on this form any medical conditions or other information we need to know to include you safely in this activity. For example asthma, allergies, heart conditions, epilepsy or pregnancy. Please include details of your medication and whether you carry them with you when riding. You are entitled to access any information we hold about you or to request its correction at any time.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT You are required to bring with you the following equipment for use during tours:
- Closed Toe Shoes* (MANDATORY)
- Rain/windproof Jacket* (MANDATORY)
- Warm Base, thermals, woolen hat* (MANDATORY)
- Day bag
* These items are declared as minimum acceptable levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Failure to carry these items or can result in your removal from activities on safety grounds. We reserve the right to refuse entry and to end an activity if this is not complied with.