Hire a bike and explore the Local Tracks
Hire one of our bikes and spend a day or three exploring.
HIRE A BIKE FROM US AND EXPLORE!
There are so many trails to ride in Wanaka, we aim to get you on a bike faster through our Wanaka bike hire and delivery service (min numbers apply) and we can also get there faster with our shuttle service!
Book your bike rental or shuttle here
Local favorites and options for you to consider include
- Deans Bank – Hire one of our latest model full-suspension E-Bikes and take the complimentary shuttle to Lake Hawea (extended version) or get dropped off at Albert Town to explore purpose-built trails including Deans Bank,
Distance: 11km loop
Time 1 hour
Difficulty: Moderate experience
- The Hikuwai Loop – The Hikuwai Track is made up of two tracks that join onto each other to make about a 7 – 8 km circuit depending on where you finish the track. They are generally done in a clockwise direction and the easiest place to find it is either just above the car park at the up-river end of the Outlet Track or off Aubrey Road approx 1km east of Outlet Road. An intermediate single track that is not particularly technical but with some wooden structures over fences and uphill pinches. Follow the Hikuwai Loop markers at ground level.
Time: 1 hour
- Sticky Forest – NOT recommended for our e-bike rental fleet, however using your own MTB this is a local fav and super close to town. Sticky is a great network of mountain bike tracks for intermediate to advanced riders
This fun network of single track makes the best of the pine forest in Wanaka township. There are over 20 tracks to choose from; from the technical switchbacks of Stumpy and Jumps, to the beautiful berms of Venus, to Crankin’ Fine’s legendary uphill corkscrew, these trails are expertly designed to be enjoyed by beginners and pros alike. All tracks are on public reserve, DOC reserve or private property. Please respect the use of the land and the rights of the land owners/managers. Lake and riverside tracks are also walking tracks. Combine with the new Hikuwai tracks to make a great half-day of mountain biking.
Difficulty: Moderate to Hard
- Minaret Burn Track – This beautiful dual-use track provides easy access to beautiful beaches along Wanaka’s western shore. From Homestead Bay car park the track gently undulates towards small, sheltered, Colquhouns Beach; a popular swimming and picnic spot. The longer, more demanding trips beyond are described in the Department of Conservation’s Minaret Burn Track brochure. Mountain biking is permitted.
Start: West Wanaka Road
Time: 2-3 Hours
- Grandview Mountain Track – The Grandview Mountain Track (previously known as Grandview Creek Track) gives access to the vast Grandview Range. Pockets of kānuka shrub land merge with the pastoral land on the lower section of the track before opening up to the tussock land that dominates the tops. Climbing steadily the track passes several small remnant beech forests on the opposite side of the creek, before reaching the station boundary at 1260 m then Grandview Mountain at 1398 m; an elevation gain of 958 m from the car park.
Time: 4-6 hours
Difficulty: Hard and Steep on 4WD tracks
- Grandview Mountain track and the ridge Track – All of the above plus hours of awesome views, climbs and descents and you ride along stunning gravel and singletrack before dropping down and coming out just before Tarras.
Time: 6-8 hours
Difficulty: Hard and Steep
For this ride we often hire e-bikes. You should definitely plan ahead and book a bike and shuttle service with us.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Day bag
- 750ml bottled water (fits inside bike bottle cage)
- Sturdy footwear
- Shorts, Tshirt
- Windbreaker Jacket