We look forward to sharing the beautiful mountains around Wanaka with you.
Your safety and well-being are important to us. Please take the time to read our terms and conditions and to provide us with some important health and safety information.
The following terms and conditions together with the general information contained on this website (Terms and Conditions) will form the basis of your contract with Wanaka Bike Tours Limited (trading as Wanaka Bike and Hike)) (Operator) and will apply to all hiking bookings.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
The Operator will provide transport and pay any applicable fees on your behalf on the condition that it shall not be liable for any sickness, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned, either directly or indirectly, by reason of any defect in any vehicle, vessel or aircraft, by weather, by any other cause, or through acts of default of a company or person engaged in conveying the passengers, or in carrying out arrangements for these activities. If you are not a New Zealand citizen we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance prior to your trip.
By participating in this activity, you are expressly assuming those risks and responsibilities and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law releasing the Operator, its officers, employees, directors, agents and any other person associated with us, from any liability, claims, loss, damages or expenses (whatsoever and irrespective of whether direct, indirect or consequential) caused by any event including but not limited to: personal injury or death; property loss or damage; acts which may be construed as negligible or accidental; any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder suffered by you or any other person in relation to this activity booked via this website. You accept that you have been advised to obtain adequate travel insurance for all persons named on the booking.
In participating in the activity, the customer agrees to be bound by the following conditions:
- My successors, executors and administrators are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
- I agree not to commence any litigation proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and liabilities set out above and to indemnify the Operator against any claims;
- I confirm and warrant I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may affect my ability to participate in the activity;
- I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims, costs or expenses in respect of the treatment;
- I agree that any film, sound, video or other recordings taken of or during the activity will not be used in any production, or advertising without prior consent of the Operator, however, the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval; and
- I agree to listen to my driver/guide/host, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
Furthermore, the Operator will not be responsible for any personal injury and/or property damage caused by you and any costs for such injury/damage will be your responsibility. You shall indemnify the Operator in relation to such costs.